Berg Spiral Pipe, Mobile, Alabama operates as a subsidiary of BERG EUROPIPE Holding Corp and is one of the leading manufacturers of longitudinally and helically welded large diameter pipes in North America. We are specialized in pipe production for the oil and gas sector.
We are currently seeking an Heavy Equipment Operator for our Mobile, Alabama facility. The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating large transportation equipment including the overhead crane, front end loader (Komatsu), the coil transporter (Taylor Big Red), excavator, Sennobogan, and the TrackMobile in order to transport raw materials, finished product, and railcars during the steel pipe manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Operate assigned equipment in safe manner and within the specifications and weight limits of the equipment being operated.
2. Perform pre-operation inspection, daily safety and maintenance checks.
3. Exercise knowledge to safely operate equipment to include weight limits and clearances.
4. Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor.
5. Enter required data into the I5 tracking system.
Required Education and Work Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2 Valid and current driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Work Experience
1. Prior experience operating heavy front end loaders.
2. Prior experience loading and /or banding railcars
Must be able to pass a background check
Must pass drug screening