Reporting to production Supervisor, the Injection Molding Process Tech is responsible to maintain injection mold equipment and processes to produce a first-time quality part. Will perform die changes as scheduled and provide input and support to reduce variables in the molding process; to reduce downtime and increase productivity
- Perform die changes quickly and efficiently as scheduled per Kanban; including robot set up and programming
- Order production components and supplies from warehouse
- Perform start up and shut-down of injection molding machines as necessary
- Repair and troubleshoot equipment as needed
- Change heater bands as needed
- Perform process checks and mold condition checks on a timely schedule
- Improve quality and productivity by maintaining SPC (statistical process control).
- Perform SPC on equipment.
- Support quality technician as a team member to ensure quality products are produced as scheduled.
- Will mix material as required when mixing/utility is unavailable
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process and quality system.
- Conduct periodic check of production parts to ensure quality
- Perform department 5S requirements on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Will assist in making sample parts
- Create work orders for die cleaning and repair