Immediate Openings for Welder jobs in Tucson, AZ!
Remedy Staffing is recruiting for Welders to be considered for permanent placement. These jobs are with a client in the manufacturing/production industry and are located on the SE side of Tucson off of Kolb and Valencia.
Pay: $17.00/hr (wage increase when convert to perm staff)
Hours: Mon-Fri, 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Read engineering blueprints, and take/read measurements to determine layout of pipes and devise welding plans
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Assemble and install a variety of metal pipes and pipe fittings for both carbon steel and stainless projects
- Secure pipes to structures with clamps, brackets and hangers using hand tools
- Apply knowledge of metallurgy and geometry to determine required equipment, tools and welding methods
- Clean, prepare and install pipes with various fittings and weld joints according to standardized protocols
- Thread pipes using threading machines and assemble and install a variety of metal pipes and fittings using the threading method
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Actively participating within a team of manufacturing personnel, contributing to the goal of meeting sub-assembly component, & production deadlines
- Manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Assist in developing manufacturing procedures and productivity reports as defined by the Production Manager
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- 3+ years of MIG and/or TIG welding experience
- 1+ year of plasma cutting experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools and measurement equipment, including calipers, tape measures, and compound squares
- Proficiency in the use of power & pneumatic tools associated with the welding - jig saw, horizontal band saw, belt sander, drill, chop saw, grinder, drill press, angle grinder
- Must have good manual dexterity, sheet metal working skills are a bonus.
- Basic understanding of mechanical engineering concepts
- Computer literacy with functional knowledge of Windows, along with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task and think "Outside The Box"
- Detail oriented
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)