A Waterloo/Cedar Falls, IA company is looking for an Electrician/Service Tech!
This is a 1st shift DIRECT HIRE Opportunity.
Summary of Position:
- Perform electrical wiring and functional testing of overhead crane/hoist systems per prints and specifications.
- Assemble other mechanical/electrical components as required.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical components of production related equipment.
- Must have electrical experience in an industrial setting.
Salary: $20+/hr - Hourly wage to be determined by experience
Hours: 7a – 3:30p Monday-Friday (Will work 1st shift hours 90% and off shift hours 10%, 3-4 weekends/yr)
Qualifications/Essential Knowledge of Position:
Electrical Experience in Industrial Setting:
- Single Phase, Three Phase
- Controls - PLC, DC
- Motors, Motor Brakes
- Wire Harness
- Relay Wiring
- Variable Drives
- Knowledge of cranes – wiring, troubleshooting
- Read schematics, mechanical drawings
- Mechanical background/aptitude
- Must pass electrical proficiency test administered at time of interview.
- Interpret blueprints and other design related specifications.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Operate overhead crane/hoist.
- Operate fork lift, boom lift, rigging.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently and professionally without a high level of direct supervision.
- Some travel required. 30% in state w/in 200 mile radius. 10% overnight
- Company vehicle, expenses paid by company