Remedy Professional Services is currently supporting a search for a full-time, direct-hire Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Coordinator to work Monday-Friday, days.
Our client is a manufacturing facility in Geneva.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate health, safety, and environmental programs. Support the team to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Ensure necessary Company records are prepared and maintained according to established federal, state, and local safety and environmental guidelines.
- Conduct facility inspections as required by governmental permits. Maintain current RCRA and DOT training certifications.
- Reporting and record keeping as required by governmental permits on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual basis.
- Develop training materials and provide instruction to hourly and exempt employees on EH&S topics (Hazard Communication, Lockout/ Tagout, Confined Space, Hearing Conservation, Spill Response, Emergency procedures, electrical safety, Hazardous /Universal Waste, Process Safety Management, and PPE).
- Assist with internal audits to ensure compliance.
- Assist with incident investigation, accurate recording of the details, and implementation of corrective action for work-related injuries and incidents.
- Coordinate Near Miss/Hazard Reporting, Safety Programs, and safety awareness activities.
- Participate in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures, and make health, safety, and environmental recommendations accordingly.
- Perform job hazard analyses and recommend safe operating suggestions.
- BS. degree in environmental engineering, occupational safety, or related science field
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility in a similar role
- Current RCRA, DOT Haz Mat, First-Aid/CPR training is preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company, including: OSHA, Clean Air Act, NYSDEC Title V air permits, Hazardous Waste (RCRA), Chemical/Petroleum Bulk Storage, Spill Prevention, and Community Right to Know (EPCRA).
Large company with room to grow. This company offers a comprehensive benefit package after 30 days, including health insurance (80% of premium is employer-paid), dental, vision, up to 3 weeks of vacation and more. 24-hour on-site gym available to all employees.
To apply for this position, please respond with a copy of your resume and the name of the position you're applying to.