The primary responsibility of this position is to assure that facilities, equipment, structures, vehicles, etc. are maintained to function as designed for safety and efficiency.
When not actively involved in primary duties, this position will support other maintenance and activities as needed or directed by Facility Manager. This position requires flexibility to work as part of a diversified team while maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
- High level of competency in maintenance skills, strong mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Focus on mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical processes in regard to preventive maintenance and repairs on mobile equipment (Fork Lifts, Scissor Lift, Pallet Jacks, etc.)
- Ability to work safely with strict adherence to established standard operating procedures, safety protocols, OSHA requirements and industry safety practices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a relatively regular basis and meet all other physical requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions (verbal and written).
- History of demonstrated skills and abilities in the utilization of hand tools and equipment (JLG, forklifts, etc.) and systems related to industrial plant maintenance.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow technical construction and mechanical drawings and plans.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Successful history of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to own work processes and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated application of general maintenance skills
- Complete projects as assigned by the Facility manager.
- Must be a solid team player with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Work with other team members to comprehensively complete maintenance projects.
- Successfully maintain company assets and mechanical systems minimizing down-time and maximizing equipment utilization and equipment life.