Microbiology Technician/ Clarence, NY/ 1st Shift/ $15- $18 Per Hour DOE
A growing Clarence manufacturer is in need of a Microbiology Technician to perform various microbiological testing including sample collection, water microbial and chemical testing, bioburden testing, environmental monitoring, endotoxin testing, Sterility testing, QC testing of media, PCD preparation and equipment sterilization in an FDA regulated environment.
5:00am- 1:30pm or 10:00am-6:30pm
- Promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in assigned work area
- Instructing and enforcing compliance with established safe work practices and procedures
- Ensuring assigned trainees receive appropriate training and information necessary to conduct their activities in a safe and healthy manner. •
- Performing environmental monitoring of manufacturing areas (viable air, viable surface and nonviable particulate).
- Handling bioburden and endotoxin testing of component, product and water samples.
- Conducting a variety of laboratory tests such as pH, water chemistry, media QC, BI sterility, preparation of microbial ID samples and preparation of PCDs.
- Performing additional job-related tasks as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Microbiology/Biology (or closely related field) – may consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a microbiology laboratory with experience in an FDA regulated industry
- Trained in cGMP for laboratory operations
- Experience in microbiological principles and applications related to microbial ID, validation and clean room technology; use of pH meter, spectrophotometer, balance, incubator, autoclave, oven, pipettes and filter units
Fantastic opportunity! Apply now!