- Operate and monitor one or more plastic injection-molding machines by safely removing parts from material handling device (e.g., chutes, conveyors) and performing secondary operations (e.g. hot stamping, assembly, trimming) within a specified cycle time.
- Visually inspect and ensure that the product is manufactured and packaged to customer specifications.
- Perform any rework process that is required, which may include trimming, flaming, and cleaning.
- Perform basic assembly functions, such as attaching accessories/components to a molded product.
- Operate auxiliary decorating, stacking, and automated equipment that may include hot stamping machines, conveyors, stackers, etc.
- Stack products and use dollies to safely transport products.
- Effectively meet minimum production and quality standards; responsible for keeping pace with the cycle time of the respective molding machine.
- Timely and accurately complete all required production paperwork; accurately account for all scrap parts produced during the shift.
- Maintain general housekeeping standards throughout the plant by sorting, sweeping, and cleaning, or as otherwise instructed.
- Conduct all job duties with strict adherence to established operating procedures, safety requirements, and processes.
- Communicate with previous shift, relief, supervision and other operators to exchange information on process conditions and other pertinent issues; notify supervisor immediately if a problem arises at the machine (e.g. quality, safety, mechanical problem/defect).
- Perform any other duties assigned to support the team.