Remedy Professional Services is currently aiding in a search for a full-time, direct-hire Financial Manager.
Our client, located on the east side of Rochester, has been in business for 30 years and falls in the technology/automation sector.
The Finance Manager will lead a team of two accounting professionals, and will identify areas for operational efficiencies, adjustments for resource allocation, and strategies to improve project cost management to meet company goals.
- Lead all operations within accounting; payroll; business and sales tax reporting; inventory management business and product licensing; insurance (liability, workers compensation, health care); local, state, and federal buying contracts; and compliance and business reporting.
- Focus on streamlining processes, eliminating redundant tasks, improve data quality and consistency and, ultimately, restructure staff time so the finance and warehousing/inventory management staff can focus on value-creating activities.
- Ensure the focus of the finance and inventory management teams is on smart procurement and inventory planning, project and service performance analysis, and using accounting data to provide business insight.
- Push for high standards of performance, service quality, and alignment of values through the team. Hold finance and inventory teams accountable for their performance
- Recruit, hire, and evaluate personnel
- Counsel and develop staff for professional advancement through career development, training programs, and other resources as required for advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration is preferred
- 5+ years of hands accounting managerial experience in a $10M business organization is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Account Delegations preferred
- Experience with WIP/Prevailing Wage/AIA Billing and payroll processing preferred
This position will pay $65-80K based on experience.
Company benefits include company-contributed medical and dental, IRA with 3% match, company-contributed life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 8 paid holidays, paid time off, etc.