6:30AM-5:00PM Monday-Thursday (4- 10 hour days)
Long-term contract, with possibilities for perm.
Summary: Welder operator to assist in the safe production of high quality skid steer weldments. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Included list, additional duties may be assigned as needs arise.
• Comply with all safety regulations and wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job.
• Read, learn, understand, interpret work instructions, and other written or verbal instructions to complete the assembly of parts or components according to established quality guidelines and standards.
• Advanced knowledge of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) process, including spray and pulse weld transfer.
• Must be able to perform and pass welder certification test upon hiring. • Problem-solve and trouble-shoot issues with welding machines with little to no assistance from Lead or Supervisor.
• Understand basic weld defects and welding specifications to insure the utmost weld quality. • Able to weld in the flat, horizontal and vertical position.
• Safely position and secure work pieces into welding fixtures using hoist and cranes.
• Operate a variety of grinders and power tools while using the proper techniques learned in training.
• Properly inspect critical parts prior to using them for production.
• Continually keep work area organized and clean following all World Class Manufacturing standards.
• Function as a team member to resolve production-related issues.
• Able to continually lift 50lbs throughout the shift.
• Basic computer skills to enter data and or suggestions for improvements.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Experience of 2 to 4 years in the welding industries is required. Education/Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is desired. Certificate course in any reputable vocational institute in the GMAW welding process is favored. Any AWS (America Welding Society) welding certifications are also favorable. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, or kneel to perform specific job duties. Employee must be able to work extended periods of time in a hot or cold environment.