Job Located in Tyler, TX
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
Responsible for keeping a complete set of accounting records for local banking institution, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets and pre-paid items, and prepare appropriate financial reports.
- Maintain accounting document files, including daily work and accounts payable.
- Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Reconciles the cash account and the corporate account.
- Maintains check register and follows up on stale dated checks.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Reconciles subsidiary accounts.
- Processes the closing of books.
- Maintains the Fixed Assets Register and the Prepaid Register.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions, including paying bills, processing VISA statements, and processing employee and volunteer expense statements.
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements.
- Assists with preparation and submission of the Call Report.
- Assists with budget preparations and financial analysis.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports, and records.
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.