Job Opening: Sewer
Remedy Staffing is immediately hiring for a Sewer in the Suffolk / Portsmouth area! These are career opportunities with growth and advancement potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sew, assemble, and package multiple types of products accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain accountability for the accuracy of products pulled and their amounts.
- Maintain continued efforts to increase production levels in a cost-efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned to assist in the completion of daily assembly and packaging of products to meet production level requirements.
- Perform visual inspections of product components while assembling and packaging in order to provide quality products to customers.
- Follow instructions as given by Team Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures inclusive of all work safety rules.
- Perform other duties including special projects as assigned by the Production Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma (Preferred) but will consider a GED
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, walk, occasional stooping and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Work usually performed in a warehouse, production environment.