Job Opening: Purchasing Clerk
Remedy Staffing is currently hiring for a Purchasing Clerk to work for our client in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accepted purchasing principles and practices, negotiations, and management of supplier relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Help buyers develop and consolidate purchases from vendors to use our purchasing power effectively.
- Execute company and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain accurate and functional data collection and reporting systems in order to track purchases and inventory.
- Assist with placing orders.
- Coordinate product changes in the system and processes to reflect changes.
- Set up new parts in designated purchasing system properly.
- Will handle all areas with diplomacy and professionalism that exemplifies our company standards
- Develop and consolidate purchases from vendors to use our purchasing power effectively.
- Interface daily with various internal departments/plants and external sources on a daily basis to resolve product and production issues.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of three years (3) experience in a clerical/computer focused role
- Must be analytical, have basic computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Members of military and veterans are encouraged to apply.