Job Opening: Senior Accountant (Hotel)
A hospitality company in Honolulu is looking for a full-time Senior Accountant. This individual will work with Controller on accounting functions for the hotel.
- Financial statement preparation and reconciliation.
- Accounts payable processing and cash reconciliations.
- Reconcile balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Maintain accounting reports and reporting
- Run reports from various software systems utilized at the hotel
- Work with department heads and payroll administrator
- Monitor tax compliance requirements
- Audit inventory and reports on a monthly basis
- Ensure 1099 forms are issued accurately
- Record journal entries and ensure proper preparation of financial reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience in hotels or other travel industry related businesses
- Experience working in accounting software and hotel systems
- Experience with MS Office
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Salary: Up to $70,000 annually, depending on experience