Job Opening: Landscape Designer
Remedy Staffing is Hiring for a Landscape Designer for a Local Company in Des Moines, IA!
Starting Pay: $45,000-$75,000/year DOE
- Create garden designs on paper and in the field using perennials, annual color, edibles, containers, and outdoor furniture
- Analyze natural and manmade elements of the area including soil, slope, drainage and natural vegetation, lighting and other construction projects
- Responsible for primary client contact of assigned accounts and lead
- Meets or exceeds site visit requirements
- Meets or exceeds client contact requirements and timelines
- Provide creative designs and accurate estimates
- Participate in and staff Home Shows, Open Houses, and Community Groups
- Gain and expand a thorough working knowledge of plant and hardscape materials
- Assists with overseeing the successful implementation of jobs with the production manager and foreman
- Participate in a year-end sales analysis, personal portfolio, and updates documents as required
- Ability to repeatedly lift at least 75 lbs using proper lifting techniques.
- Will assist other departments with mics duties during offseason (including maintenance & snow removal).
- Become proficient with Design Software, ServSuite, LMN, and Microsoft Office Programs for daily use
- Associates degree and 2-4 years exp. or bachelor’s degree
- Experience with horticulture is a strong plus
- Ability to present, sell & close
- Ability to read blueprints and plans
- Ability to Identify plants and hardgoods