Job Opening: Extrusion Operator 1st and 2nd shift
Extrusion Operators 1st and 2nd shift
The Extruding Machine Operator job function is to set up, operate, or tend machines involving single stage and compound dies, to extrude tubing components to close tolerances, for further assembly into critical medical devices, working within the limits of regulatory standards and internal procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow operating instructions from the OD sheet.
- Set up extruder, head, screen, pin/die, temperature setting, etc.
- Feed extruders, using OD sheet specification, check dimensions of extruded tubes, and adjust tooling accordingly to meet specifications.
- Cut tubes to OD sheet specifications. Perform quality checks.
- Complete production reports. Deliver compound to/from extruders to proper storage racks.
- Reports all safety hazards, unsafe working conditions, abnormal circumstances, accidents or other problems to supervision. Keeps own work are neat and orderly.
- Requires 2 years experience with plastics extrusion machine operation, set up, diagnosing and tending to machines and equipment
- Prefer experience with Extrusion of multilumen and bubble tubing highly desirable.
- General knowledge of machines and tools, including design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control costs for maximizing effective manufacture/distribution of goods.
- Possesses good communication skills, verbal, reading and writing skills;
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities, use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses or alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards; Simple reference use of manuals and quality standards along with adjustable measuring instruments, such as micrometers, optical comparator and dial indicators, where interpretation is required.
- Must be dependable and reliable with good attendance record, and be self-motivated.
How to Apply! Call us at ext. 0. 1142 Pelican Bay Drive, Daytona Beach FL 32119. Come between 10am – 2pm, Monday – Friday. Go to www.remedystaff.com to fill out the application. Pick the Daytona branch in the application. If you have trouble with the online application, we can help you in our office. Call Remedy ext. 0 after you finish your application. Or just stop by!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!