Job Opening: Material Manager
Material Manager (Expired)
San Antonio, TX
Position: Material Manager
Pay Rate: DOE – 60K to 70K
- Forecast material usage using excel ordering system. a. Input customer order/forecast information to excel ordering system. Update as new customer orders are issued. Communicate with customers as needed to get additional information. b. Take raw material inventory and input result into excel ordering system.
- Issue raw material orders based on demand generated in (1). a. Analyze several factors such as demand, safety stock level, lead time, freight cost, to develop optimal orders. b. Work with materials manager as a team.
- Track delivery of raw materials based on orders generated in (2). a. Arrange transportation of raw material shipment. b. Coordinate raw material arrival with shipping. c. Review deliveries for accuracy, and timeliness.
- Give suppliers feedback on their performance. a. Track performance of suppliers by creating supplier score cards. b. Work with quality department in developing (a). 4. Prepare various daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork.
- Data entry.
5. 5S – Schedule, Promote, Implement, and maintain 5s activity. Job Requirements: • Must be able to perform basic computer transactions utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint • Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. • Must be dependable in reporting to work on time each day. • Must maintain at least “meets minimum” performance standard in all categories. • Must be able to effectively communicate in English at all levels of the organization. Must follow all safety programs and guidelines. • Must possess knowledge in preparing written reports. • Perform other duties as needed. Minimum Qualifications: EDUCATION – Some college preferred EXPERIENCE – Purchasing experience preferred COMMUNICATION – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels or our organization, suppliers, freight providers, and our customers. Personal computer literacy is required. Proficient in spreadsheet and word processor software applications. The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed to successfully meet the requirements of this job.