Job Opening: 1st Shift Mail Sorter
1st Shift Mail Sorter (Expired)
Mail Sorter needed for Distribution center in Levittown, PA 19057
**** MULTIPLE POSITIONS OPEN****
No experience needed, NO HEAVY LIFING INVOLVED!
1st Shift: 7:00am- 3:00pm
- Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed in the appropriate mail trays by verifying the zip codes on the mail match the mail trays properly.
- Checks for presorting endorsement on the mail. Ensures that finished mail is organized neatly and placed right side up facing forward.
- Communicates errors found in the mail to operator or supervisor to prevent re-work of mail. Keeps postage metered rejects separated by postage rate*** Keeps mail separated by specific jobs.
- Removes mail piece jams from machine by pulling mail backward and upward to avoid damaging the mail. Ensures that jammed mail is forwarded to the assigned bin to be properly sorted under proper client number, to avoid double counts on the machine.
- Forwards empty and unsealed envelopes to the correction department. Recognizes bad barcodes and notifies the operator.
- Ensures all mail is cleared from all sort bins on the machine and racks for mailing. Prepares outgoing mail for sleeving by placing full mail trays into tray sleeves. Keeps mail bins stocked by replacing mail trays and tag holders when they are low.
- Keeps work area clean by placing mail bins under machines. Picks up plastic straps and strapping material off floors to prevent possible tripping hazards. Regularly scheduled attendance Other duties as assigned
- Able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours.
- Willing and able to regularly push, twist, bend, grasp and reach up to 8 hours/day.
Apply online today and start working immediately.
Bring your Military experience to Remedy Staffing.