Position: Controls Maintenance Mechanic (Food Processing / Production) – Direct Hire
Location: Buffalo NY
Salary: 21.00-25.00/hr. (will receive scheduled increases)
Education: High school diploma/GED required. Completion of an applicable skilled trades program or apprenticeship preferred however not required
Experience/Requirements: 1-3 years’ experience in a plant maintenance mechanic role with a solid electrical background to troubleshoot PLC Programs as well as electrical issues. Some experience with programming required. Boiler and refrigeration experience preferred, however not required. 230, 480 volt 3 phase knowledge and experience also required
Other Requirements: Criminal background, pre-employment physical and drug testing required
Benefits: Generous medical, dental, short term and long term disability packages, paid vacation and holidays, pension plan and tool allowance
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipes, electrical and hydraulic systems by performing the followingduties.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
Includes the following, and any other duties that may be assigned by asupervisor:
- Listens for unusual sound from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with operators, supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem and repair machine.
- Shuts down machine or equipment and "Locks Out" all energy sources before starting repairs. Installs new or repaired parts. Tests to ensure properoperation.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery according to company procedures or schedules.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electrical and/or electronic components on machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, repairs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical condition of facility. E.g.: May have to fabricate and/or repair counters, benches, walls, partitions, and other structures as deemed necessary.
- Installs, programs and repairs automated machinery and equipment such as, programmable controllers, pumps, separators, homogenizers, packaging machines, compressors, refrigeration systems and other equipment as needed and trained to repair.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as; lathe, grinder, drill, to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures andtools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.